Doesn’t everybody have a barbeque sauce recipe? Well, here is mine, using one of my favorite ingredients – balsamic vinegar.
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Optional – tabasco sauce, to your taste
- In a sauce pan, combine the oil, sugar, balsamic, molasses, liquid smoke and salt; stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Optional; add tabasco sauce if you prefer your sauce with a little heat.