A steam-roasted medley of fresh vegetables served hot or chilled and tossed with herbed red wine vinaigrette is a favorite of mine. I’ve prepared this recipe both indoors and outdoors, depending on the weather. When serving chilled, I like to prepare it at least 4 hours ahead allowing the vinaigrette to marinate throughout.
- Garden vegetables – of your choice
- Variety of herbs: fresh Italian parsley, snipped rosemary etc.
- Smashed garlic to your personal taste
- Vinaigrette (below)
- MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
- Heavy duty foil, serving bowl, a good olive oil, salt & ground pepper
- If preparing outdoors, preheat the grill; indoors preheat at 400 degrees.
- Wash and drain the vegetables, cut into medium sized pieces, at the least.
- Smash some garlic cloves, snip rosemary, Italian parsley – whatever your choose.
- Place vegetables, garlic and herbs on a sheet of heavy duty foil; drizzle with olive oil, add salt & pepper, toss and enclose like a purse; cook until crisp tender, give the vegetables a toss and to check for doneness, now and then.
- Season a salad bowl with garlic clove cut in half; rub over the entire inside of the bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette (below): place ingredients in a jar, shake well to combine. Taste; season with salt and pepper, adjust tart and sweetness to your taste.
- Place the vegetables into the seasoned bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
- Cover until ready to serve or chill at least 4 hours.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano, Red chilies (optional) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil